25 Lessons I Wish I Had Learned WAY Sooner


When I think of my younger, more energetic, stupider self, I think, “Holy crap.  If I knew then what I know now…”  Well, here are some of the things I wish I knew then.


1.      1 out of 4 people that you meet won’t like you.  That’s really OK.
2.      Life isn’t fair.  Most of the time it’s not fair in your favor, so don’t whine about life not being fair.
3.      Save your money!
4.      No one knows what you’re thinking unless you tell them.
5.      Perfectionism will kill you.
6.      You’re stronger than you think you are.
7.      You think that sexism and racism were in the olden days.  They’re not.
8.      Comparing yourself to others is never a good idea.
9.      When someone shows you who they are, believe them.  People are consistent.
10. Develop critical thinking skills and use them.
11. Never hide your intelligence from anyone.
12. Trust your instincts.
14. Spend less time worrying about the shape of your body & more time on your health.
15. Stay away from credit cards.
16. Women, there are lots of men who will be nice to you.  Accept nothing less.
17. Be nicer to yourself too.
18. For the most part, it doesn’t matter what people think.  Follow your own truth.
19. No education is wasted. Drink in as many new experiences as you can.
20. Pay your dues.  Work hard.
21. Networking is critical.
22. Letting go of control is liberating.  Try it.
23. Don’t treat anyone badly.  You’ll be surprised when they’ll pop up again in your life.
24. Do what you love, not what you think you’re supposed to do.
25. Don’t forget to enjoy your journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment